Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
- The submission includes a cover page with names, positions, affiliations, and email addresses of all authors, and specifies one corresponding author. Please include here a statement from the author/s stating that the submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in comments upon submission).
- The manuscript is no longer than 8,000 words including references, tables, figures, and notes (excluding abstract). The abstract is no longer than 180 words. Between 3-5 keywords are specified.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points.
The text follows APA style for all in-text citations and references. Authors may wish to consult the Purdue Online Writing Lab APA Formatting and Style Guide, which is freely available online. Please use Oxford (serial) commas (e.g., "Red, white, and blue"), limit endnotes to 250 words, and use U.S. English spelling and grammar.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided. Captions are also provided for all Tables, Figures, or Images.
- As a condition of publication in IJSW, all authors agree to the following terms of licensing/copyright ownership as shown in the "For Authors" section of this site and understand works published in the IJSW will be distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution–NonCommercial License (CC BY-NC).